- Orgs & other Conx -
The National Organization for the Reform Of Marijuana
Laws, (NORML), now has a representative in Central Oregon.
Upcoming C/O NORML Newz Report
|We will try to fill this spot with important & local info.|
We will try to keep you informed of events (when we aren't hosting them
ourselves) such as:
Lobby Day - Apr. 26th, Thu., 9AM at the Capital (Salem) steps. Activities include: Educational Display in the Capitol Building - Galleria, Legislative training in the Capitol Building - Room 350, Press Conference-Rally Capitol Building - Front Steps, Scheduled meetings with legislators for groups or individuals to educate legislators and show support for medical marijuana bills. Visit: "Lobby Day" for details.
... and ...
Million Marijuana Marches - May 5th, Sat., High Noon at Pioneer Square. A global celebration of the benefits of cannabis. Over 100 cities so far, and more every day. There is a March happening in Eugene and we hope to spark one or two other cities before we're thru. See Newz, above. Also visit: "Million Marijuana Marches"
What to Do
|Things we can do:
* Marches, Rallies, HempFests and other such Events for raising awareness and few $. See Events for ideas. Not only do we get our days in the sun but the sign making parties and other team activities are learning & growing opportunities as well.
* Put together a Film Fest. Get all the old favorites ("Reefer Madness", "Assassin of Youth") as well as the latest ("Grass", "Saving Grace", "Traffic"). Educate as well as entertain.
* Hemp Fashion Show. A very good way to demonstrate the value of hemp. People are learning that hemp clothing is not only more durable and comfortable but as versatile as any other material. Find a local retailer and establish a mutually beneficial relationship.
* Hemp Pot Luck. (pun intended) Get together and have a hemp food cook off. If we do it right, it could be a yearly event (like a chili feed) and draw media as well as be a tasty way to inform & educate.
* Lobbying and other political action. Letter writing and calling campaigns do have an effect, especially when legislators get them in batches.
Things you the individual can do:
* Join up & speak out. Spread the word. See
NORML flyer for ideas. (please print out and pass around!)
|Central Oregon NORML
PO Box 9403
Bend, OR 97708
Our phone message reads....
"Hi ! You've reached the Central Oregon office of the National Organization for the Reform of Marijuana Laws. Our mailing address is: >yadda<.
If you have any questions regarding the Oregon Medical Marijuana Act.....>yadda<
Or any questions regarding any aspect of marijuana prohibition..... >yadda<
Please leave a message and I'll return your call as soon as I can. Thank you for contacting Central Oregon NORML.....We're fighting to put an end to the WAR on ADULTS that use marijuana responsibly.........Help us........by becoming an active member in NORML........Only with YOUR help........can we END Marijuana Prohibition."
<end of phone message>
Thanx for your interest. Stay tuned to our home page for the latest action!